Love your slow cooker for easy weeknight meals? The authors of The Great American Slow Cooker Book show it’s a lifesaver during the holidays, too!
From the authors of The Great American Slow Cooker Book, here are 32 all-new recipes that harness this kitchen appliance’s unique power to feed a crowd effortlessly. Best of all, each recipe features ingredient lists scaled for every size of slow cooker, from small 3-quarts to large 8-quarts.
This collection includes recipes for every holiday moment:
• Wake Up for the Big Day: Thanksgiving Morning Porridge; Blackberry Streusel Coffee Cake; Onion and Apple Strata with Cranberry Nut Bread; Marmalade French Toast; Brandied Cranberry Applesauce
• Holiday Soups: Cream of Artichoke Soup; Celery Root Soup; Honeyed Pear Soup; Deli-Perfect Chicken Soup
• Main Course Celebrations: Short Ribs Braised with Brandy and Cream; Beer-Braised Chili; Sauerbraten-Style Brisket; Corned Beef and Cabbage with Horseradish Sauce; Cider-Braised Ham; Pear-Stuffed Chicken Thighs Wrapped in Bacon; Coq Au Vin with Carrots and Onions; Turkey Breast with Classic Gravy; Turkey and Sweet Potato Hash; Capon Braised with Pine Nuts and Raisins; Lobster Tails in Vanilla Butter; Mussels with Apples and Brandy; Oyster Dressing; Shrimp Gumbo
• Vegetable Sides and Mains: Vegetable Tzimmes; Apple and Chestnut Dressing; Corn on the Cob; Braised Sweet Potatoes; Orange-Glazed Carrots with Pecans
• Desserts: Pumpkin Pudding; White Chocolate Pot de Crème; Steamed Christmas Cake; Pear Brown Betty
Even when you’re playing host to a crowd, now you can make batches of soup, side dishes, and even spectacular main courses without crowding your oven.